VICTIM SERVICES recognizes that all too often victims of crime are unaware of what avenues of assistance are open to them.
VICTIM SERVICES has been established to provide you, the victim, with information about your case at any stage of the investigation and can assist in dealing with problems you have resulting from crime.
General Contact – (204) 332-3700
Altona (204) – 324-5373
Morden (204) – 822-6292
Winkler (204) – 325-0829
Contact the VICTIM SERVICES UNIT if you require assistance in any of the following areas:
- INVESTIGATION: We will provide you with any information regarding the process of the investigation in your case.
- JUSTICE SYSTEM and POLICE PROCEDURES: We will explain how the system works in respect to investigation and prosecutions.
- PROPERTY: If you had property stolen or damage, whenever possible, we will answer questions.
- COMPENSATION PROCEDUES: If you suffered direct personal injury as the result of a crime, you may be eligible for reimbursement from government for medical expenses, damaged clothing or eyeglasses, funeral expenses, loss of wages and legal fees. We can direct you to the appropriate agency and assist you with the application form and procedures.
- EMOTIONAL SUPPORT: We are concerned about your well being and offer you moral support throughout your case.
- REFERRAL: If you require specialized professional assistance, we will direct you to the appropriate community agency. This includes counseling service, legal advice, health care, mediation services, etc.
LET US KNOW
- If you have any additional information about the incident such as further details about stolen property, the suspect or any aspect of the crime that may aid the investigating officers;
- If you desire an update on your case at any stage. We can let you know the status of the investigation if an arrest has been made and details on court proceedings;
- If you have any problems or questions with which we may be able to assist.