During this reporting period, MPS issued:
- One ticket for Use Cellular Telephone or Other Hand Operated Electronic Device While Driving which carries a fine of $672 and a three-day license suspension
August 2nd, 2022
At 10:00 am, police received a report of Mischief to a property that occurred sometime overnight. Police attended and observed broken screens, garbage left and damage to walls and electrical. Police are continuing their investigation.
Police received a report of an attempted break and enter at a business on Stephen Street. The business owner noticed someone had attempted to gain entry through their windows by breaking them around July 31st to August 1st. Police are continuing their investigation.
While on general patrol police observed a passed out 36 year old female laying on a public bench. Police attended and observed open cans of Budweiser beside the suspect and a strong odor of liquor. The suspect was arrested under the Intoxicated Persons Detention Act and lodged in cells until sober. She was released without charges.
August 3rd, 2022
Police are investigating several reports of thefts and break in’s of motor vehicles. The following incidents occurred between the evening of August 2nd and the morning of August 3rd.
- A truck was broken into and rummaged through while parked on a driveway on Rampton Street, nothing was stolen from this vehicle.
- A vehicle was broken into and rummaged through on Elam Street and a wallet was stolen from the vehicle.
- 2 vehicle’s at the same address on Elam Street were broken into and an iPhone and cash were taken from both. No damage to the vehicle.
- A vehicle was broken into on Elam Street and a wallet was stolen. No damage to the vehicle was reported.
August 4th, 2022
Police received a report from a complainant that a roommate was intoxicated and was starting physical fights. Police attended and the accused was arrested for Assault and Mischief and released on an Undertaking to appear in Court.
Police were dispatched to the 300 block of 12th Street for a heavily intoxicated male causing a disturbance. The male was known to be on conditions to abstain from the consumption of alcohol. The male was arrested for breaching his condition to abstain from the consumption of alcohol and released on an Appearance Notice.
August 6th, 2022
While on general patrol Police observed a vehicle passing with illegal tires. Once pulled over police observed an odor of liquor on suspects breath. When police asked suspect to complete the roadside screening the suspect refused and was arrested for refusal to provide a breath sample and released on an Undertaking.
Police conducted a curfew check on a male who is known to be on conditions and while completing the check the Police were informed the male was not at the residence during the required hours. The male later located and arrested for failing to comply with his curfew conditions and placed into custody.
Anyone with information regarding the above incidents is asked to call the Morden Police Service at (204)822-4900, Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477, or submit a secure tip online at www.manitobacrimestoppers.com