During this reporting period, MPS issued:
- Two tickets for Drive while Unregistered which carries a fine of $298
- One ticket for speeding (127 km/hr in a 100 km/hr zone) which carries a fine of $403
- One ticket for speeding (133 km/hr in a 100 km/hr zone) which carries a fine of $482
- One ticket for speeding (125 km/hr in a 100 km/hr zone) which carries a fine of $378
- Three tickets for Using Cellular Device while operating a motor vehicle which carries a fine of $672 and a 3-day driving suspension
- Three tickets for not wearing a seatbelt while operating a motor vehicle which carries a fine of $298
- One ticket for unlawful transportation of liquor in motor vehicle
July 21st, 2023
At 1:00am, police received a report of two people arguing and causing a disturbance on Stephen Street. Police attended and found one of the subjects of the complaint was intoxicated. A 39-year-old male was arrested under the Intoxicated Persons Detention Act, lodged overnight until sober, and released without charges.
July 23rd, 2023
Police received a report from a local gas station that a male filled up with gas and fled the scene without paying. The suspect vehicle was later located in Winkler, along with the suspect. A 19-year-old male was subsequently arrested for Theft Under $5,000 and released on an Undertaking to appear at Morden Provincial Court in September.
July 25th, 2023
Police received a warrant of arrest for 29-year-old Jonathan Michael SOLDIER for failing to attend court.
July 27th, 2023
While on general patrol, police observed a male known to be on conditions and have a warrant for arrest to be outside a local business. He was arrested for failing to comply with an undertaking condition and arrested on the strength of the warrant.
July 29th, 2023
While on MPI road watch, police observed a vehicle with a burnt out headlight driving quickly. Police conducted a traffic stop and observed an open case of liquor in both front and rear seats. Police made a breath demand which resulted in a fail reading. The driver was issued a 90-day driving suspension and a 30-day impoundment of the vehicle along with a $700 administrative penalty.
Anyone with information regarding the above incidents is asked to call the Morden Police Service at (204)822-4900, Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477, or submit a secure tip online at www.manitobacrimestoppers.com.