During this reporting period, MPS issued:
- Two tickets for Drive Without a Valid Driver’s License which carries a fine of $298
- Two tickets for Speeding (69 km/hr in a 50 km/hr zone) which carries a fine of $298
- One ticket for Speeding (83 km/hr in a 50 km/hr zone) which carries a fine of $351
- One ticket for Speeding (75 km/hr in a 50 km/hr zone) which carries a fine of $378
- One ticket for Speeding (121 km/hr in a 100 km/hr zone) which carries a fine of $312
- One ticket for Speeding (120 km/hr in a 100 km/hr zone) which carries a fine of $312
- One ticket for Drive Without Wearing a Seatbelt which carries a fine of $298
- Five tickets for Drive an Unregistered Vehicle which carries a fine of $298
- Two tickets for Disobey Traffic Control Device namely red light which carries a fine of $203
- One ticket for obstruction of license plate which carries a fine of $203
- Two tickets for operation of a motor vehicle while using a cellular device which carries a fine of $672
- 12 tickets for failing to move over and reduce to proper speed while passing an emergency vehicle which carries a fine of $298
- One ticket for unlawfully transporting alcoholic beverages in a motor vehicle which carries a fine of $237
June 20th, 2022
At 7:10 pm, police were dispatched to the Morden Park regarding kids vandalizing the washroom. Police attended and the kids had been throwing wet toilet paper on the building. Police located the kids and had them clean up the mess before taking them home to their parents.
While on general patrol, police conducted a traffic stop and observed several people in the vehicle, all of whom appeared intoxicated. Police spoke to the driver who advised police that he did not have a driver’s license. Police made a demand for the driver to provide a sample of their breath on the Roadside Screening device which resulted in a fail reading. The driver was issued a 90 day driving suspension and a 30 day impoundment of the vehicle along with a $700 administrative penalty. The driver was also issued a ticket for Drive Without Holding a Valid Driver’s License which carries a fine of $298.
June 22nd, 2022
At 10:50 pm, police received a call regarding a male going up and down Victoria Street screaming. Police attended and located the male and provided him a ride home.
June 23rd, 2022
Police received a report of a theft from a motor vehicle on Mason Crescent. The caller advised that sometime between 11:30 pm and 6:30 am his vehicle was entered, and his wallet and cigarettes were stolen. Another vehicle on the driveway was also entered but nothing was taken from this vehicle. There are no suspects at this time.
June 24th, 2022
Police received a report of a hit and run to a vehicle that occurred while parked in a parking lot on Stephen Street in Morden. The driver parked her 2011 Chevrolet Murano and returned to find damage on the front of the vehicle.
June 25th, 2022
At 11:35 pm, police were dispatched to a residence on the 100th block of Moutain Street regarding loud music. Police attended and spoke to the homeowner who agreed to turn down the music.
June 27th, 2022
At 8:43 am, police received a report of a stolen bike left at a residence yard on Nelson Street during the previous night. The suspect dropped the bike at the home and ran into bushes to hide from vehicles passing. The bike was left at the residence as the suspect ran away wearing a ski mask. Police are continuing their investigation.
Anyone with information regarding the above incidents is asked to call the Morden Police Service at (204)822-4900, Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477, or submit a secure tip online at www.manitobacrimestoppers.com.